Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Smaller Steps (Day 17)

I think the goals I have are too grand, too long-term. I need to make some smaller goals, something that can be accomplished in a very short term.

Making daily goals would be too hectic--the constant updating and documenting would be overwhelming.
A weekly goal would be nice. Hmmm...let's see.

Small goal 1
Get up every morning for one week at 6:00 a.m. without hitting the snooze.

Small goal 2
Don't skip breakfast for one week.

Small goal 3
"Move" for at least 10 minutes straight each morning

Small goal 4
Finish the day with 3 sets of 10 pushups

Hopefully I didn't just overwhelm myself. To put the four goals more simply I will say: "For one week I will start the morning at 6:00 a.m, not hit snooze, then move actively for at least 10 minutes straight followed by breakfast. At night I'll do some pushups."

I encourage clients all day long to make small, manageable and realisitc goals then create actions steps toward those goals. I'm good at this; I just need to take my own advice.

1 comment:

  1. Those are great goals and you can definitely reach all of them! It's all about little steps and successes. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete