Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Reflection

I was at the farmer's market today and saw someone wearing a Color Me Rad t-shirt. That is one of those 5k's that shoot paint at you as you run so that you come out like a powdering rainbow afterwards. I was signed up to go. I signed up long before so that I could train. Days and then weeks went by and I didn't train, I didn't even try. When race day came I chickened out. I missed out on an amazing experience that I hope comes around again. When my dad asked if I did the race I told him that I didn't and I made up all these excuses like that we didn't have any milk to leave for Zachary and that it was just too early, and other dumb stuff. He just said that it was too bad and that was that, there was no more talking about it. He seemed ok with me not doing the run but I know it hurt him. I hurt him and I hurt myself with that failure. I can't keep doing this to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment