Friday, June 7, 2013

Reasons to get healthy

Usually you can find me slumped on the floor with the ipad or laying about watching some TV or a movie or even playing a few hours worth of video games. This habit of laziness coupled with poor eating habits is what has made me fat. It's also made me a lot of other things. I snore horribly loud. I suffer from acid reflux which sometimes gets so bad at night that it wakes me up, gagging for air, and eventually throwing up. My back hurts after laying flat on it or on my stomach. Felicia says it might be because of my large gut pressing on things. I have little to no energy at the end of the day. My flexibility (which was pretty impressive 10 years ago) is at a level so low I can barely bend over to touch my knees without feeling a burn in my legs, back, or sides.

Besides what I am affected by currently, there are a host of concerns that may appear in the future; notably, diabetes and heart disease. But despite all that there is one big reason for me to get healthy, this guy...


That's my son. He's almost a year old and getting more active by the day. The biggest reason to get healthy it to be there for him. I want to be active and play outdoors, sports, play fighting, etc with him. I don't want him to suffer through childhood watching his father get sick from things I should have controlled. I want him to have a good example of how to have healthy habits and control your cravings. And most of all I don't want to leave him because I was too stupid and lazy to have saved my life. Every other reason to lose weight is superficial to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment