Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day 10 & Another Last Bad Meal

Last night Felicia and I had pizza (BBQ Chicken & Bacon with cheesy stuffed bread from Dominoes). We swear that it is our last bad meal even though there have been two other times this round (and countless others in months past). Tonight we indulged in Gyro's. This is our last bad meal. I'm starting to think that having one more great tasting meal is a really bad thing. It doesn't help. If I have to give advice to other people about starting a nutrition program I would say DO NOT have one last hurrah; just jump straight into eating right. The second piece of advice I'd give (I'm learning fast, really I am, even though it might not seem like it) is to have a plan on what you're going to eat. Having a plan will prevent you (I still need to test this) from getting lazy and straying from your diet. Well, now I just need to take my own advice.

I got out and exercised this morning. It's the second real exercise since having started this program ten days ago. I ran the half mile to the church then did some parking lot suicides followed by burpees and then box jumps onto a bench. I ran/walked the half mile home. It was a decent 30 minute workout. Then tonight I lifted some light weights. So, despite what I ate today was a good day.


4 comments:

  1. The last bad meal concept has never worked for me either. It always seems to lead to another one! Something that does work for me, though, is to take a cheat day every week after weigh in, as long as I work out that day too, and as long as I get right back on the wagon the next day. It is so much easier to stick to healthy eating all week knowing whatever I am craving will be available after weigh-in. Most of the time, once I decide I can go ahead and have it, I don't want it nearly as much as I thought I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with "strong." I think one of the reasons my diets have always failed is because I go a little nuts in the beginning and won't let myself cheat at all. And then I fall off the wagon hard. I'm not doing that this time. Mostly because I feel like I cheat everyday. I can't have anything processed, so it limits me to only high fat tasty stuff, like real cheese and butter. I have to watch my fat intake, and I'm very strict about portions, but it's making this time around a lot easier to handle. You can still have delicious bad for you food, just in moderation. And like strong said, you need to balance it with exercise, which you're already doing. Don't beat yourself up! As long as you keep trying, you'll never fail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    First off, omg! My dad was born in Duncan and lived in Norman (or was it the other way around?)!!! Know any Scifres'...? That's my maiden name! :D

    Second of all, if I can give any health advice, I would HIGHLY recommend two books:

    Wheat Belly
    The End of Overeating

    They completely, radically changed my life for good. I have an entirely different mindset now, and I'm so gung ho about it, there is no turning back.

    Good luck!

    (and the reason those 'last meals/hurrahs' fail is because the fat-sugar-salt combo effs with your brain chemistry to induce the cravings for MORE.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, don't know any Scifres. :)

      I'll check out the books! Thanks!

      Delete