Monday, May 27, 2013

Introduction

This is the beginning of a 90 day challenge to lose weight. If you have stumbled across this blog please visit back each week as I make the journey toward achieving my fitness goals.

I've decided to make this journal to give myself some accountability for my actions. I want to lose weight and for the past few years my actions have run counter to this desire. Currently I weigh 215.8 lbs which is considerably more than I should be. Ideally I would like to weigh 160 lbs. Hopefully by documenting my successes and troubleshooting my failures I can gain some motivation and steamroll some momentum toward finally defeating my weight problem. 

My plan is simple: eat right and exercise. This is what we always hear will make us lose weight. Intuitively it can be thought that the way I gained fat was by eating horribly and being lazy so doing the opposite of this would be the way to lose fat. Obviously there is a lot more to this but I don't want to get bogged down in complicated science.

Eat Right: Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Limit fatty, sugary, and starchy foods. Take in enough proteins. Drink a lot of water.

Exercise: High Intensity Cardio 3x a week alternating with lifting weights 3x a week. Active rest on whichever day isn't cardio or weights.

Ideally I should be burning more calories through daily tasks and exercise than I consume throughout the day. Seems simple enough. Now the hard part is sticking to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment